I miss Rodney Dangerfield. Although he and I never met, I feel a certain kinship with him. He was the comedian for those with self-esteem issues (“I don’t get no respect.”). I loved him in Caddyshack.
The following statements, sent to me by a friend, remind me of Rodney Dangerfield. At least two are Rodney-worthy. Enjoy!
The economy is so bad that. . .
- I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
- CEO’s are now playing miniature golf.
- Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 congressmen.
- Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America.
- Motel 6 won’t leave the light on anymore.
- A picture is now worth only 200 words.
- They renamed Wall Street Wal-Mart Street.
- I called the suicide hotline and got a call center in Pakistan. When I told them I was suicidal they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.